BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Jul 29, 2010

Being Mediocre But Not So

I play a routine.


I get up early to get ready for uni.
Down my breakfast in 5 minutes (sometimes cereal or pieces of toast), trying not to choke.
Then I hike up the hill to attend my classes for the day, almost always punctual. This is for Monday to Friday.
Saturdays are mystery days. I have no idea what would come up on a Saturday. I can't recall any repeated Saturdays. Sometimes it's someone's birthday, or a pot luck, or a trip to somewhere out of town, escaping its busyness that would slowly drown me if I don't pause to breathe.

Sunday, I'm always always, and always busy. From morning till night. Church service in the morning/Dynamite if I'm on duty that day, then Sunday market/lunch. After that, I would rest at home for a couple of hours or so then back to church again for the evening service. Supper would be the next event, it lasts till 9pm++ depending on how long we stayed in the restaurant, chatting/laughing/waiting for our orders.

Sometimes I'm happy playing the same game all the time, for a month, two months, I can be so happy that you'll think there's something wrong about me. But then, I get tired and frustrated, and may throw a tantrum or sink into a depressed mode.

Sigh, growing up sure ain't easy.

The only time that I have for myself is actually on Wednesdays ( I don't have classes on that day). I could either be slacking the whole day. Or do something random, like cleaning the house/cook something out of the many recipes I've downloaded. Yesterday, my cooking adventure ended up with chicken coated with maple syrup and pecans, which would taste really good if only I had used boneless chicken breasts. And then I cooked tomato-based sauce-with-beef-meatballs-pasta for lunch, and even cooked extra for my friends. Then I signed up for the gym in uni with a friend. Worked out for real efforts of 40 minutes.

Give me a day where I'm totally free (meaning that I'm delaying my work). It can be the most boring day or the most random day it could be for the week.

Now that it's Thursday, I've got tonnes of work to do. Really a lot.
I ask myself, why the heck didn't I use my Wednesdays to get some work done?
Sigh, I need to smack my own head from time to time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment